Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Opening remarks

My third, and hopefully last, blog to be added to Blogger. Here I'll try to recount some of my trials and tribulations with my major hobby - building scale models. Some background...

I started modelling as a kid with my dad in his garage workshop. He had a big bench and worked on some custom cars - I had a little desk and did some woodworking as well as some models there. Parent's divorced, I moved away - modelling took a tumble. I was in D&D for a while, so I learned how to paint lead miniatures with acrylics, but other than that, I did very little modelling.

Then I get married and have a child (OK, I adopted her, but she's still mine). She wants a model of a Firebird, so we get it and start building, and bug is back. I reconcile with my dad (long story), he comes out and sets me up with some tools and magazines. We move to Seattle, I get involved with IPMS Seattle, and the bug was fully embedded in my brain. After eight years of doing more advanced modelling, I've learned a lot, spent a lot, and have much more to learn than I have to teach.

So, I'll be posting some notes on my feelings about modelling, the projects I'm working on, stuff with the clubs I'm involved with, and anything else that's related to this great hobby.

No comments: